I am currently setting up my own home automation system, making it up as I go, and trying to keep costs as low as possible.
The system already has a quite decent level of performance, even though I keep adding new functionality with additional sensors, actuators and switches.
Tutorials (verified, tested)
These tutorials will guide you through the process of setting up and utilizing specific functionalities.
- Setting up the Raspberry Pi 2 with OpenHAB as your home automation mainframe (coming soon…)
- Customizing your home automation control interface in OpenHAB (coming soon…)
- Configuring OpenHAB to run with the RFXtrx433 transceiver (coming soon…)
- Setting up your home automation system – first connection to a sensor (coming soon…)
- Setting up your home automation system – first connection to a switch (coming soon…)
- Setting up your home automation system – first connection to an actuator (coming soon…)
- Including graphs to view statistics (coming soon…)
- Controlling your samsung smart tv through openHAB (coming soon…)
- Automating and scheduling events in your google calendar (coming soon…)
Tutorials (planned, untested)
- Programming a controller for heating (coming soon…)
- Accessing your home automation controls remotely over the internet (coming soon…)
Tables of verified compatible equipment
<Table of verified transcievers>
RFXCOM rfxtrx433 USB
<Table of verified sensors>
Proove temperature and humidity sensor TSS320 (433Mhz) (review coming soon…)
<Table of verified actuators>
<Table of verified switches>